In order for the wig to keep its shine and shape for a long time, you should care for it regularly. Depending on the use, a wig should be washed every 7 to 10 days. Detailed instructions are always included with every wig supplied. Caring for a wig is not complicated, if you make sure that you use special care products and follow some rules when handling it. The ingredients of the respective shampoos and conditioners are perfectly matched to the needs of the fibers (human hair or synthetic). When drying, you should definitely avoid wringing your hair. Please never comb your wet hair if possible! In the video area of the individual item descriptions you will find detailed video instructions. Honest Hair Factory - reliable hair vendor has also gladly summarized all the important steps and information for you as follows:
CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR WIGS AND HAIR PIECES MADE OF SYNTHETIC FIBER
Synthetic hair wigs, also known as synthetic hair, are characterized by the fact that they are particularly easy to care for. Replacement hair made of synthetic fibers is very robust and stays in very good shape. Nevertheless, there are a number of things that you should consider so that you can enjoy your new look for a long time. The care of synthetic hair differs from that of natural hair or that of a real hair wig. There are special care products for them that are optimally adapted to the needs of the synthetic material. A synthetic hair wig will automatically return to its original shape when dry. Heat or strongly fixing styling products can damage synthetic hair. The synthetic hair is also particularly sensitive when wet. With these simple tips for caring for your synthetic hair wig you will get the long-lasting shine, suppleness and the perfect shape of your new hairstyle.
SO THE LOOK OF YOUR FAKE HAIR WIG REMAINS EXTRA LONG IN TOP SHAPE
- Wash your synthetic hair wig regularly, but not too often, in cold or lukewarm water.
- Only use care products that are made for synthetic fibers to care for the synthetic hair.
- Let your wig air dry after washing.
- Style and style your synthetic hair wig only when it is dry.
- Use only wide-toothed combs to comb straight synthetic hair.
- Carefully detangle hair knots with your fingers instead of a brush or comb.
PLEASE PROTECT YOUR FAKE HAIR WIG AGAINST THESE EFFECTS
- Never wash your wig in hot water.
- Protect your synthetic hair wig from extreme heat and steam.
- Protect the wig from excessive friction (e.g. from pillows).
- Do not comb or style your synthetic hair wig while it is wet.
- Do not style the synthetic hair with heat-isolating devices such as a hairdryer, curlers or hoods.
- Do not use strongly fixing styling products such as hair gel, lacquer or spray.
- You can style straight synthetic hair with wide-toothed combs. Please do not style curly wigs with brushes or combs.
How to wash and care for your synthetic hair wig optimally
How often you should wash your wig depends on how often you wear it. As a rough rule of thumb, a synthetic hair wig that is worn 10-12 hours a day should be washed approximately every 7-10 days. If you wear your wig less often or if you wear different models alternately, then you can clean the synthetic hair less often.
Put your wig in a bowl of lukewarm water and add some special shampoo to protect and care for synthetic hair. As a rule of thumb, you should use about one cap of special shampoo for one liter of water. Please do not use hair shampoo for natural hair. The ingredients of classic hair shampoo are not suitable for the synthetic fibers.
Leave the shampoo on for about 15 minutes. To do this, simply leave the wig in the water bath without moving it. The solution of the special shampoo has a self-cleaning effect that unfolds in the water bath. Important: Do not rub or wring the wig in a water bath!
After a quarter of an hour, remove the wig from the water bath. To do this, you can move them slightly in the water for a brief moment. Rinse the synthetic hair with cold water before you put your wig in the second bath.
Put the wig in a new, fresh bath of cold water along with some synthetic hair balm and let it work again. This time a shorter exposure time of around 5-10 minutes is completely sufficient. Even when washing with balm, the wig does not have to be moved, but you can work the solution gently and carefully into the hair with your fingertips so that the protective balm also reaches the deeper layers of the hair.
Rinse the synthetic hair wig again under cold water. To dry the wig, just dab it with a towel, applying light pressure. Please never rub, wring or comb the synthetic hair while it is damp! After dabbing with the towel, please place the wig directly on a wig stand. There you just let the synthetic hair air dry. Our synthetic hair wigs are "ready to go". The wig will shape itself as it dries.
Finally, we recommend a treatment with synthetic conditioner. The conditioning conditioner especially for synthetic hair is a spray. Spray evenly into the lengths and ends of your dry wig. The conditioner puts a protective film around the synthetic hair and protects it from becoming tangled and from becoming brittle. The special conditioner keeps the hair supple and keeps its shiny look.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR WIGS AND HAIR PIECES MADE OF REAL HAIR
- Place human hair wigor hairpiece on a styrofoam head and carefully fix it with pins. Please do not pierce the base of the film or the monofilament fabric!
- Before washing, carefully comb through hair knots and styling residues (e.g. hairspray) with a suitable brush or a wide-toothed comb.
- Moisten the hair in the direction of fall from the roots to the tips under running, lukewarm water (do not put in a water bath).
- Carefully rub a hazelnut-sized amount of the shampoo real hair into damp hair with your hands and let it work for about 5 minutes.
- Please do not rub, do not wring!
- Rinse the real hair wig or hair part in the direction of fall under lukewarm, running water until there is no more shampoo residue.
- Then repeat the process with real hair balsam. If your human hair wig is very worn out, we recommend the Intensive Recovery Mask instead of the balm. It regenerates the hair, protects and provides long-lasting moisture.
- Gently wipe out the excess water from top to bottom.
- Finally, let the real hair wig or hairpiece air dry, the wig stand is ideal for this.
Now you can blow-dry and style your human hair wig as desired.