– Gbowee Peace Foundation Masters Scholarship –
Gbowee Peace Foundation (GPFA) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for their Gbowee Peace Foundation Masters Scholarship. It is a fully-funded scholarship for all students.
Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa (GPFA) was established in 2012 by Liberian peace activist, trained social worker, and Nobel Peace Laureate: Leymah Gbowee.
We provide opportunities in 3 key areas to women and youth, as a way to ensure that future generations in Liberia are peaceful, reconciled, and empowered. These program areas are: Education, Leadership, Community Empowerment.
After winning the Nobel Peace Prize, Leymah established the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa, which seeks to raise the next generation of peacebuilders and democratic leaders for Liberia and West Africa.Aim and Benefits of Scholarship
Up to a total of £30,000 for Tuition and living expenses.Requirements for Scholarship
1. Scholarships and Financial Aid are awarded based on academic performance (3.5 GPA or 85%) and eligibility.
2. The Scholarship Committee will evaluate all applications and announce scholarship recipients on GPFA websites. However, female applicants are encouraged to apply for our scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
READ ALSO:Selection Criteria for Scholarship
1. Preference will be given to a candidate who has shown evidence of upholding the ethos of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa through sustained personal growth, involvement in community development, and a strong commitment to the advancement and education of women and youth in her home country.
2. It is recommended that the candidate provide examples or a personal narrative that highlight leadership qualities, personal fortitude, and active participation in developing meaningful opportunities which lead to the social, educational, and/or spiritual advancement of the disadvantaged.
3. The successful candidate should be prepared to use the scholarship not only as an educational experience but also as a chance to become immersed in another culture, while fostering understanding of her own country and culture amongst students and the local community of Dundee.
4. The applying candidate of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship should address how she hopes to become involved in University or local societies, activities, and/or organizations, and how she will support discourse about issues women face globally.
July 30, 2022
We hope this information has satisfied your curiosity. What not to share to bless someone out there? Click on the Share button on this site to help share with friends and loved ones.APPLY NOW ???? WORK IN CANADA WITH FREE SPONSORSHIP!